Prowler is a command line tool for AWS Security Best Practices Assessment, Auditing, Hardening and Forensics Readiness Tool.
It follows guidelines of the CIS Amazon Web Services Foundations Benchmark (49 checks) and has 40 additional checks including related to GDPR and HIPAA.
- Identity and Access Management (22 checks) [group1]
- Logging (9 checks) [group2]
- Monitoring (14 checks) [group3]
- Networking (4 checks) [group4]
- CIS Level 1 [cislevel1]
- CIS Level 2 [cislevel2]
- Extras (39 checks) see Extras section [extras]
- Forensics related group of checks [forensics-ready]
- GDPR [gdpr]
- HIPPA [hippa]
- get a colorful or monochrome report
- a CSV format report for diff
- run specific checks without having to run the entire report
- check multiple AWS accounts in parallel